We actually have 10 reasons! But first, please read our first 5 reasons to hire a professional cleaning service vs. an individual. Please come back next week for the other 5 reasons.
Cleaning services can be found just about anywhere you look, local newspaper ads, CraigsList, Yelp, and service directory sites like Angie’s List, Thumbtack, and HomeAdvisor. Social media sites like Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/dynamicduo74/), allow friends and family to share or recommend their go-to house cleaner. But with any classified ad or referral, every homeowner must embrace the buyer beware mentality.
So one of the more common questions I’ve heard over the past 20+ years is whether to hire a professional cleaning service business or someone that simply operates as an individual out of their vehicle. Even if this person comes recommended, you still know very little or nothing at all about this person. There are many reasons to select a professional service over an individual, here are a few:
1. Professional Website. If they don’t have a website, how serious are they about being a real business?
2. Business License. All real businesses are registered with their local city offices. This shows credibility.
3. Insured and Bonded. A professional cleaning company must carry liability insurance and bond for their employees in case of unforeseen damages or accidents.
4. Worker’s Compensation. A real cleaning business will be covered.
5. Service Rates. A solid cleaning company will have competitive and fair service rates or fees to attract potential customers.
We know your time is valuable so that’s all for this week! Please come back next week to learn what five other reasons to hire a professional cleaning company versus an individual.